Turmeric is a medicinal herb that is best known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. To ensure that our bodies are able to absorb turmeric always combine it with black pepper and ginger.
1/4 Tsp ground turmeric
Pinch ground or fresh ginger
Pinch ground black pepper
1 Cardamom Pod
Spoonful of Honey
Splash of milk (or milk-alternative)
- Heat water in a tea kettle until boiling
- Pour two inches or so of milk (I use cashew milk) into your favorite mug. If you have a microwave, heat it for about 30 seconds.
- In a blender* combine the turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and honey. Crack open your cardamom pod and toss the little seeds in the blender, discard the green shell.
- Once the water is boiling pour the water into your mug with your warm milk until it’s about full. Then pour the contents of the mug into the blender.
- Blend on med/high for about a minute.
- Pour into your mug and sip slowly.
*Vitamix is awesome, but it’s ok to use any blender that can tolerate hot liquid – be careful if you’re not sure!
**Turmeric stains everything 🙂 Your blender will be permanently stained a little yellow. If your blender is in pristine condition, you’re probably not using it enough 🙂
***You can add so many other things to this recipe to make it more exciting for you. I sometimes add raw cacao powder, cinnamon or a little bit of Bone Broth.